5 tips on how to get new followers on your social media networks
You may be doing the SEO right and you may be getting some organic traffic from the search engines, but one must never ignore the power of social media platforms such as Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Facebook and so on.
Once you're signed up for one of these social media networks, you may start to feel the pressure of acquiring many followers.
Well, in my experience, followers come with time, patience and with great content that you're bringing to the table.
However, if you're in a hurry to get as many people engaged with your content, there are some tricks that may speed up the rate at which people will start, subscribing to your feed, following your boards on Pinterest, adding you to their circles in Google+, like your Facebook page or re tweeting your tweets on Twitter.
1. Connect your accounts. Add your social media buttons on your blog, mention your blog on the profile page of your social media. Make it easy for everyone who takes an interest in you to follow you across the websites where you have a presence.
2. Great content . Write it on your blog and then share it on your social media. Be sure to add good quality images and engaging descriptions.... i.e - ask for opinions.
3. Tune in. Social media is not all about sharing your blog content and hoping that people will like it and follow the links to your blog. Social media is also about listening to other people, engaging with their content and tuning in. Spend some time, (it's never a waste) looking at other people posts, comment on whatever touches you in any way, like pages, share other people posts, engage in conversations, have some fun!
4. Be active. Dedicate at least half an hour a day to socializing online. Once you get a retweet, a repin, a comment, a like, a re share, see it as a great opportunity to start a conversation. Start with Thank you and see where that takes you.
5. Enjoy it and do all of the above as often as possible.
Finally, find out what is your social influence score HERE
And in case you're worried that you may miss out on the great outdoors while spending all this time on social media. STOP: You can take your tablet or your laptop outside (even on the beach) - just fit it with the right outdoors gears: ANTI GLARE, none reflective gadgets and accessories.